- About Us
- Contact Us
Application Due Date: April 27, 2009 at 5:00 pm CST
Earliest Anticipated Start Date: Sept. 30, 2009
There are different requirements for applications submitted in response to this RFA per the details listed below:
A. Research Plan is limited to 12 pages versus the 15 and 25 page limits of standard award mechanisms.
Research Plan includes:
- Specific Aims – Limited to one page
- Research Design and Methods with 4 sections:
1. Statement of the Challenge Area and specific Challenge Topic
2. The Challenge and Potential Impact
3. The Approach
4. Timeline and Milestones
B. Project Summary/Abstract – Limited to one page and begin by stating the broad Challenge Area and the specific Challenge Topic (e.g. – Challenge Area (01): Behavior, Behavioral Change and Prevention and specific Challenge Topic – 01-GM-104: Mechanisms of Behavior Change Research)
C. Bibliography/Literature Cited: Limited to one page
D. Biographical Sketches: Limited to two pages; publications listed are limited to 10 or fewer items relevant to proposed research and highlight significance of researchers accomplishments
E. Funding to be awarded is $500K per year for a two year period. Funding ceiling of $500K per year includes direct and indirect costs for the lead agency and any subcontracts to be included
Other helpful resources regarding the NIH Challenge Grants include:
1. RC1 RFA application instructions - OD-09-003
2. Guide to Challenge Grant Areas and Topics - Challenge Topics within the broad Challenge Areas
3. Brief overview of NIH Challenge Grant award mechanism - NIH Challenge Grants in Health and Science Research
If you decide to submit an application, please contact Hektoen’s Pre-Award Grants Administration staff – Julie Schnidman, email@example.com or Sid Chittajallu, firstname.lastname@example.org – to begin the process for submitting an application.
The due date for submitting applications can be as early as March 27, 2009 and ends April 27, 2009 at 5:00 pm. This is a one-time only submission, so there will not be additional application dates throughout the year.