- About Us
- Contact Us
Our mission is to improve the care of the sick by supporting programs that enhance patieint care and extend the boundaries of knowledge through education and research.
Our major activities are as follows:
• Assist investigators and project directors to initiate and manage programs, help them write grants, and administer such grants once they have been awarded.
• Conduct educational programs such as symposia, lectures, international medical exchange, and support for the publication of scientific journals and books.
• Publish Hektoen International, an online journal dedicated to advancing the medical humanities.
• Support basic research projects in kidney disease and cancer as well as clinical research in many different areas.
• Encourage and develop affiliations and coalitions between institutions, working together to provide new health programs for the underserved of Cook County.
• Partner with organizations of limited resources or experience to develop programs responsive to community needs and that will appeal to funding agencies.
• Serve as an umbrella for organizations such as the Society of Medical History & Humanities, Nurses & the Humanities, and the Gasul Club of Pediatric Cardiology.