We conduct cancer research with an emphasis on prostate-derived tumors. Areas of investigation include:
- the development of antisense oligonucleotides for the suppression of specific genes involved in progression of hormone insensitive prostate and breast tumors
- the (immuno-) and histologic evaluation of expressed tumor markers following therapeutic and surgical manipulations in in vivo animal models
- the study of calcium metabolism, channels and apoptosis in tumor cells and the effects of hypoxic or anoxic conditions on proliferation.
For more information on the research, click here.
- Marvin Rubenstein, Ph.D. Director
- Patrick Guinan, M.D.
- Kenning Anderson, M.D., Ph.D.