AMaC (Adolescent Medicine At CORE)
This program, started in 2001, is headed by Lisa M. Henry-Reid, MD at CORE Center.
The aims of the AMaC program are to:
• Enhance prevention through targeted case finding and risk reduction;
• Support transition into care so that engagement and retention in the care system can proceed without impediments;
• Provide comprehensive, developmentally appropriate care to improve health;
• Assure access to research for all youth in the program, thus maximizing treatment options; and
• Enhance the existing network of youth agencies involved in the provision of services to HIV infected youth and youth involved in risky behaviors.
To accomplish these aims, AMaC maintains community partnerships for counseling and testing as well as partnerships to expand access to primary care for the target population.