There are several steps to follow before an application is submitted successfully by Hektoen on behalf of a Principal Investigator or Program Director.
Submission of Funding Applications using System to System Software (Cayuse 424)
Hektoen implemented a system to system application package that will allow both Hektoen grants management staff and the research team to develop an application via Hektoen’s Cayuse 424 website. Cayuse 424 allows Hektoen to store information for an application which can be reviewed and updated at any time. A PI/PD and other research team members working on the application will have access to the application using their own login and password if they choose to use this feature. A final application is generated as an Adobe pdf document for review and approval before a grant is submitted. Cayuse 424 allows for collaboration without the need for face to face meetings that often are difficult to schedule and do not maximize often limited time. Hektoen Cayuse 424 http://hektoen.cayuse424.com
Institutional Review Board
The Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) requires that all PIs/PDs submitting research funding applications submit in a timely manner either before or within a week after submission, the IRB Administrative Approval Form, IRB D-1 Administrative Form . Hektoen works with Research Affairs to ensure that CCHHS personnel and resources dedicated to a proposed study or project have been agreed to and approved by the appropriate CCHHS administrative personnel.
- For more details and contact information, please email CCHHS Research Affairs at email@example.com
eRA Commons and Monitoring of Application Announcements
- Hektoen creates an institutional account for all PIs/PDs. A user ID and password will be sent separately by NIH, and this account will not be accessible by any Hektoen staff, only by the PI/PD. Please contact Hektoen when you need an eRA Commons account created in advance of submitting a federal application as the lead investigator or program director by calling or sending an email to: Maryanne McDonald– 312/768-6020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, as the Authorized Organization Representative (AOR), Hektoen must submit documentation related to:
- Just In Time (JIT) – Other support pages, human subjects training certification and IRB approval dates are submitted for pending and continuing awards.
- Grant Closeout – After a project is completed, a final Progress Report, Financial Status Report (FSR) and a Final Inventions statement are submitted.
- Progress Reports (eSNAP) – Progress Reports including budget and project status information are submitted each year of the project period.
- No-Cost Extensions – If more time is needed to complete a project without additional funding, then requests to extend the budget period by 3, 6 , 9 or 12 months are submitted.
- All Notice of Grant Awards are posted to the grant files and can be accessed via the Commons. Hektoen personnel will forward the NGA to the PI once we are notified of the NGA posting. PIs also have access to this documentation through their own eRA Commons account.