Website Hektoen Institute LLC
Under the joint direct supervision of the NCORP Administrator/Administrative Director and the Program Coordinator, this contract position is privately (grant) funded and involves daily patient communication and coordination. Prior knowledge and experience in these areas are mandatory.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinical and Administrative
- Fully understand each research study that is assigned (study background, requirements, patient eligibility, etc.)
- Identify eligible study patients by checking all eligibility and ineligibility criteria with the patient’s medical records and approval from referring provider and principal investigator
- Use protocol knowledge to monitor adherence to protocols by all participating partners including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, and patients.
- Identify any problems with protocol compliance and notify principal investigator and/or primary provider.
- Practice independently resolving problems with protocol with minimum Principal Investigator involvement
- Electronically complete and submit clinical research forms (CRFs) to all necessary NCI research groups via RAVE, RedCap or other required data management system
- Manage patient research activity in the electronic medical record and WebCollab, a project management tool used by the research team
- Ensure that all study activity is in accordance with the guidelines, instructions and specifications outlined in the research protocol and that contractual obligation, goals and standards are met and maintained.
- Attend weekly tumor planning conferences
- Attend working group meetings to discuss regulatory and patient updates and/or issues
- Attend annual cooperative group conferences (ECOG/NRG/WF/Alliance) for protocol update and further training as discussed and agreed upon with your supervisor
- Coordination of patients’ clinical activities, including scheduling & rescheduling patient research appointments (i.e.: new and follow-up appointments with medical oncology, MRIs, CT & MUGA scans, and other outside appointments)
- Follow up with patients who missed their clinic appointment and give them a new return date
- Follow up regarding tests ordered to be sure they are scheduled appropriately
- Work with others to assure that personnel and protocols will operate within the defined research environment, with good level of cooperation with existing staff and programs
- Follow procedures to protect and maintain the rights and confidentiality of all human study participants
- Participate in administrative meetings and staff development meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with clinical trial patients
- Familiarity with the National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office mandatory (including Access)
- Ability to meet deadlines and help coordinate multiple aspects of the ongoing project
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and comfort in working in fast paced environments