Website Hektoen Institute
The Correction Case Manager/Austin CBC Supportive Case Manager will provide a range of client-centered, confidential services that link clients with health care, clinical psychosocial, and supportive service for correction and non-corrections Austin CBC clients living with HIV/AIDS who are identified as having challenges with accessing and maintaining adherence to health care services. The Correction Case Manager/Austin CBC Supportive Case Manager will work closely with the Austin Health Center, CCHIP Sites and outside medical team to stabilize clients’ medically. They will facilitate linkage to and maintenance of clients to their primary medical services. The Correction Case Manager/Austin CBC Supportive Case Manager will provide treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for, and adherence to complex HIV/AIDS treatments. The Correction Case Manager/Austin CBC Supportive Case Manager will assure that the clients connect to other core services; Dental, Mental Health, and Substance Abuse treatment. This case manager will also provide benefits counseling to clients and assist in enrollment, verification, and utilization of those benefits. The Correction Case Manager/Austin CBC Supportive Case will work together with the CM team to make sure that all closed clients are assessed for case management services and benefits for all Austin CBC clinics. They will refer clients to Medical Case Manager if needed. The Correction Case Manager/Supportive Case Manager will assist with training new CCHIP case managers when needed. The Correction Case Manager will be present at Austin CBC and The CORE Center. The Correction Case Manager/Supportive Case Manager will coordinate and facilitate/outreach/enroll clients to the Re-entry support group.
- Complete intake and assessment of needs on all new and current clients, including Austin CBC intakes & consents.
- Develop a comprehensive, individualized service plan that should include but not be limited to addressing the despairing concerns post outside of institutionalized and address concerns.
- Maintain contact with client to assure Medical and Medication Compliance.
- Make appropriate and timely referral to internal and external providers and coordinate services identified on service plan.
- Case Manager will meet with Medical Provider on a regular basis to mutually support client’s compliance with appointments.
- Properly transition clients out of Medical Case Management into other appropriate programs.
- Adhere to Social Services Documentation Policy of all Patient Encounters and Forms.
- Maintain a Working Knowledge of Community and Internal programs that would enhance the client’s ability to be maintained in care.
- Be familiar with MAP/ADAP, Care Link, County Care, Medicaid, Medicare D programs, ACA, and benefits programs that would benefit the clients.
- Enhance Professional Development and Maintain an Area of Specialization
- Participate in all CCHIP Center and AFC mandatory training and meeting.
- Participate in Social Services Continuous Quality Improvement Efforts
- Adhere to CCHIP and Social Services Specific Policies & Procedures
- Provide Excellent Customer Service and Professionals when interacting with clients and internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS – Knowledge/Skills/Experience
Minimal Formal Education Required: Associate degree required.
Minimal Length & Nature of Experience Required: Experience working in a hospital or out-patient setting preferred. Knowledge and experience working with diverse and complex clients are preferred. Experience with HIV programs and correctional population preferred. Microsoft Office Program, Access, and similar database experience required. Experience working with clients with multiple needs. Comfortable working with high volumes of clients in a fast-paced environment preferred.