Website Hektoen Institute LLC
Under the direction of the Cook County HIV Integrated Programs (CCHIP) Program Director and direct supervision of the Provident Site Team Leader (STL), The Integrated Care Coordinator (ICC) will work regionally across Cook County HIV Integrated Programs (CCHIP) to assist chronically complex HIV patients to address their specific medical/behavioral needs by managing a comprehensive external referral system. The Integrated Care Coordinator will assist the Provident Site Team Leader in the management of the Provident Population Centered Health Home (PCHH) Healthcare Access program. The ICC will deliver population-based care support to CCHIP staff to ensure no client “falls through the cracks” along the HIV Care Continuum. The primary goal of these clinical and essential support referrals will be to promote the use of ARV’s and medical treatment. The ICC provides advice and assistance to CCHIP multidisciplinary team members who will assist clients in obtaining medical, social, community, legal, financial, and other needed non-medical case management services (NMCM) services. The ICC will collaborate with the CCHIP Specialty Care Coordinator to manage Population Centered Health Home (PCHH) Domain 4: Referral Services and linkage agreements. The ICC directly supervises the Provident CHW-Outreach/EIS staff and assists with community HIV testing coordination, HIV linkage and re-engagement to HIV primary care as needed.
- Work alongside the Provident Behavioral Health Provider to coordinate the activities of the Consumer Advisory Board (CAB). Works alongside the CCHIP Consumer Development & Advocacy Coordinator to ensure Provident patients participate in CCHIP Joint CAB meetings.
- Co-Lead the Provident Quality Improvement Committee alongside the Provident STL. Attend monthly CCHIP CQI meetings at the RMR CORE Center. Work collaboratively with the Provident STL Manager and CCHIP Regional Director of Quality Improvement & Evaluation on CQI projects and activities.
- Assist Provident STL in preparing check requests, invoices, purchase requisitions and other daily operational tasks and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Alongside the Provident STL daily Provident staff activities at the Provident CCH location. In the absence of the Provident STL provides direct oversight as needed. Collaboration with other CCHIP Domain Leaders, including domain 2 co-leadership and regular attendance to all three domain meetings and other CCHIP Meetings.
- Work alongside the CCHIP Program Director to ensure client eligibility for CCHIP NMCM services. Communicate with CCHIP Data Team to review documentation of non-medical case management services in CAREWARE and the CCH electronic medical record (EMR).
- Prepare documents for general communication, including meeting announcements, minutes from case conferences and staff meetings.
- Monitor Provident provider schedules and assist with multidisciplinary case conferences as needed.
- Work Alongside South Region PrEP Coordinator to ensure all prevention staff receive training on PrEP, EIS activities, including but not limited to HIV Testing, Health Education & Literacy Training, Referrals and Community Outreach/Events.
- Facilitates CCHIP wide training of internal and external referrals and how to deliver non-medical case management services at domain meetings.
- Directly supervise CHW/Outreach & EIS staff to ensure linkage to care & re-engagement activities to promote retention in care. Ensure proper documentation of EIS/Outreach services in EMR, PROVIDE, Careware
- Assist with Grant writing as needed
- Promote Provident HIV program services and collaborate with community partners, identify new locations for sexual health service delivery (inclusive of HIV Testing, PrEP, Condom Distribution). Work alongside the CCHIP Specialty Care Coordinator to assist with new & expired linkage agreements.
- Coordinate and participate in annual AIDS Walk/Run fundraising event
- Scan Ryan White Eligibility documents into PROVIDE
- Other Duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS – Knowledge/Skills/Experience
Formal Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, minimum education accepted, High School Diploma or other health related field required. Required Supervisory or Management Experience: 1 year Minimal Length & Nature of Experience: related experience up to 2 years preferred. Experience working in a hospital, social service or outpatient setting preferred. Knowledge and experience working with diverse and complex clients preferred. Microsoft Office Programs and Intermediate Computer experience required. Experience working with clients with multiple needs. Comfortable working with diverse clients and traveling to different sites for work. Special Knowledge and Skills Required and Preferred: Ability to function autonomously as a worker and as a team member on a multidisciplinary team, excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Must be open to working some non-traditional hours. Driver’s license, working vehicle and valid Illinois Insurance required.