Website Hektoen Institute LLC
The Registered Dietician will report to the Ruth M. Rothstein (RMR) CORE Center Medical Director and will provide nutritional guidance, planning and on-going monitoring for people living with HIV/AIDS who attend clinic at the RMR CORE Center.
- Provide nutritional guidance and assistance to patients referred by the primary care providers.
- Provide nutritional assessments and guidance to all RMR CORE Center patients who also have Diabetes, with focus on diabetic diet education and counseling.
- Develop an individualized nutrition care plan for each patient referred to see the nutritionist and instruct them on nutritional needs accordingly.
- Facilitate periodic nutrition education classes.
- Attend pertinent RMR CORE Center staff meetings.
- Help coordinate care plans for RMR CORE Center’s diabetic patients.
- Work with care team toward the goal of lowering clinic wide proportion of patients with Hemoglobin A1c’s greater than 8.
- Staff 4 half day clinics sessions per week.
- Applicant must be a registered dietician or registered dietician/nutritionist who either possesses licensure as a dietician/nutritionist in the state of Illinois or is eligible for such licensure.
We are seeking a licensed dietitian/nutritionist with prior experience working with HIV/AIDS patient population. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of nutritional needs of aging population preferred. Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred. Certification as a diabetes educator preferred.