Website Hektoen Institute LLC
The Medical Case Manager II will provide a range of client-centered, confidential services that link clients with health care, clinical psychosocial, and supportive service for clients living with HIV/AIDS who are identified as having challenges with accessing and maintaining adherence to health care services. The Medical Case Manager II will work closely with the Cook County HIV Integrated Program (CCHIP) medical team to stabilize clients’ medically at Robbins, Blue Island & Cottage Grove Clinic sites, collectively known as SSHARC. They will facilitate linkage to and maintenance of clients to their primary medical services. The Medical Case Manager II will also provide treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for, and adherence to complex HIV/AIDS treatments. The Medical Case Manager II will assure that client is connecting to other core services; dental, Mental Health and Substance Abuse treatment. This case manager will also provide benefits counseling to clients and assist in enrollment, verification, and utilization of those benefits. This part-time MCM position will focus on providing on-site services every Monday at the Robbins clinic site while working remotely and assist with coverage at other SSHARC and/or CCHIP sites as needed.
- Complete initial intake and assessment of needs on all new clients and clients returning to care.
- Develop a comprehensive, individualized service plan.
- Maintain contact with client to assure Medical and Medication Compliance.
- Make appropriate and timely referral to internal and external providers and coordinate services identified on service plan.
- Case Manager will meet with Medical Provider on a regular basis to mutually support client’s compliance with appointments.
- Properly transition clients out of Medical Case Management into other appropriate programs.
- Adhere to Social Services Documentation Policy of all Patient Encounters and Forms.
- Maintain a Working Knowledge of Community and Internal program that would enhance the client’s ability to be maintained in care.
- Enhance Professional Development and Maintain an Area of Specialization
- Participate in all CCHIP, CORE, SSHARC and AFC mandatory training and meeting.
- Participate in Social Services Continuous Quality Improvement Efforts
- Adhere to CCHIP and Social Services Specific Policies & Procedures
- Provide Excellent Customer Service and Professionals when interacting with clients and internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS – Knowledge/Skills/Experience
Minimal Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in non-related field and social service experience required.Minimal Length & Nature of Experience Required: Three to Five years or more experience working with HIV/AIDS/or any chronically ill clients preferred. Experience working in a hospital or out-patient setting preferred. Knowledge and experience working with diverse and complex clients required. Microsoft Office Program, Access, and similar data base experience required. Experience working with clients with multiple needs. Comfortable working with high volumes of clients in a fast-paced environment preferred.