Website Hektoen Institute LLC
Under the direct supervision of the Austin Site Team Leader and leadership of the Manager of Patient Centered Care, the Regional Community Testing and PrEP Coordinator (RCTPC) will coordinate targeted HIV testing in the community, provide PrEP navigation/referral services to CCHIP sites and expand to other CCH ACHN clinics and external community partnership sites with high prevalence of STIs and HIV. He/she will co-facilitate CCHIP Domain 1 (testing) and collaborate with Domain 3 (PrEP) meetings. The (RCTPC) will assess individual and group health education needs in clinics and community settings, performing pre and post-test STI/HIV counseling, prevention and risk reduction including PrEP and condom demonstrations and other related HIV issues. Identifies patients in clinic and community who are vulnerable to HIV and assesses for PrEP, provides PrEP Navigation, refers eligible PrEP candidates to CCH/CCHIP PrEP clinic for services and benefits. Assess individuals’ needs related to their social determinants of health and refers to appropriate CCHIP services during initial PrEP care visits. Evaluates client health education sessions as related to PrEP adherence, HIV prevention and risk reduction. Provides client-centered health education, health education in related topics (i.e., PrEP, STIs, hepatitis C, medication adherence, etc.); and participates in all administrative/domain meetings and professional development trainings. Coordinate implementation and quality monitoring of HIV testing and PrEP in community-based settings throughout the Chicagoland area along with CCHIP regional prevention leaders as a team. This includes developing and maintaining a system wide calendar of community-based testing events and activities in formative and confirmation stages, along with assuring quality monitoring, data collection and tracking outcome achievement with scopes of service expectations. He/she in collaboration with CCHIP site team leaders will be responsible for the development of community partnerships and MOU agreements; develops policies and procedures; hires and supervises Community Health Workers, and Peer Educators in community settings to include but not limited to schools, college campuses, community-based organizations (CBOs) and/or health fairs. He/she will assist with grant applications as needed, be responsible for reports due to administration and funders, oversees site visits and program budgets in conjunction with the Manager of Patient Centered Care. Collaborates with CCHIP Director of Quality Improvement, Evaluation, and CCHIP team leaders to assess program effectiveness in achieving stated goals as required by funding agency. Monitors program monthly and quarterly scopes. A flexible work schedule is required to include evenings and weekends as needed.
- Provide PrEP awareness, community outreach/education and recruitment regarding CCHIP’s PrEP services and related topics.
- Provides HIV testing, PrEP education, assessment, and referrals to CCHIP Clinic and throughout the Cook County Health facilities. Perform pre- and post-HIV counseling, particularly, to targeted high-risk populations.
- In coordination with CCHIP multidisciplinary team, leads efforts to plan, implement and evaluate the CCHIP’s Community Outreach & HIV Testing program.
- In coordination with the CCHIP Executive Team, leads social media/campaign efforts to publicize CCHIP community HIV testing events and PrEP Services.
- Provides patients in the community/clinical settings education on HIV/STI/HCV, PrEP and links patients to PrEP and/or HIV primary care
- Provides patient, provider and community education on HIV/STI/HCV, PrEP and related topics.
- Quality Improvement & Charting in electronic medical record, CareWare, PROVIDE
- Provides client-centered HIV risk reduction counseling and education on PrEP adherence to clients interested in enrolling into the PrEP program and ongoing support for established clients receiving PrEP services at a CCHIP/CCH site.
- Assists with development of peer educators
- Participate in all CCHIP and department mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement Efforts as assigned
- Adhere to CORE Center and department Specific Policies & Procedures
- Provide excellent customer service and professionalism when interacting with clients and internal and external customers.
- Responds to phone calls, emails, faxes, and pages in according to CCHIP policies. Provides clinic coverage/general coverage as needed.
- Maintains open communication with supervisors and communicates concerns through the appropriate means.
Minimum of a high school diploma is required, Bachelors preferred. One to three years of experience as an HIV and PrEP related counselor or educator required. Bilingual desirable (Spanish-English). Experience with multiple HIV rapid test technologies. Ability to work with a cultural, racially, and ethnically diverse population. Valid Driver’s license and car insurance required. Available to work evenings and weekends as needed. Strong oral and written communications skills. Strong computer skills. Ability to meet deadlines and work as a team player. Ability to effectively work autonomously and within a multidisciplinary team. Ability to adhere to universal precautions and social distancing policies related to the COVID 19 pandemic. Knowledge related to comorbidities, i.e., diabetes, hepatitis C and/or hypertension preferred. IDPH or CDPH HIV testing certification required. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Moderate knowledge of spreadsheets, and database applications preferred.