Website Hektoen Institute LLC
Position Summary: This position will draw a large volume of blood from a small number of research participants daily, mainly women living with HIV, and assist with collection and processing of other biologic specimens as needed (saliva, hair, urine, etc) per research protocol. Additionally, this position will participate as a member of the research team by assisting with obtaining written informed consent and data collection via protocol driven questionnaires (sociodemographics, medical history etc) as needed.
- Obtain blood specimens by established venipuncture
- Collect biologic samples according to protocol (cheek swab, hair samples, urine).
- Label & process specimens according to protocol; collect/enter corresponding data.
- Package and ship biological samples according to guidelines.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of research visits.
- Ensure accurate, complete, and timely specimen collection & data
- Conduct in-person, computer-based, and phone research interviews per
- Document all aspects of the research encounter following confidentiality
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Follow established Good Clinical Research Practice (GCP) guidelines and institutional/local policies and procedures including training and
- Participate in research team meetings and communicate with research participants to facilitate efficient research visits.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to facilitate clinic operations and protocol implementation.
Phlebotomy & medical assistant certification. Solid knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior work in a healthcare, public health, or clinical research setting with knowledge (comfort) of HIV/AIDS and ability to communicate effectively about sensitive topics such as sexual behavior, substance use, & mental health. Detail oriented with good organizational skills. Ability to follow detailed instructions, problem solve, and work well as part of a team. Good written and verbal communication skills especially as it relates to specimen & data documentation and interactions with research participants.