Website Hektoen Institute LLC
Under the direction of the AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC) Principal Investigator (Pl} and supervision of the CORE Center Associate Director of Research, the Research Study Coordinator will be responsible for the logistical details of multiple ongoing AMC trials and other HIV pharmaceutical trials and will maximize patient enrollment and maintain data fidelity. The Research Study Coordinator will assist in obtaining consent, enrolling patients into the studies, organizing written documentation, scheduling timely patient follow-up, and ensuring that all the data remains blinded and properly entered into a database .
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all protocols and assists the Pl to organize, plan, and monitor study protocols, workflows, and participant
- Reviews patient EMR and clinical datasets of patients to identify potential candidates to participate in the studies.
- Prepares and submits all regulatory and Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Performs all aspects of all study visits including participant enrollment, interviews, data collection and completing confidential report
- Responsible for entering data and maintenance of the clinical datasets; includes responding to queries within required time
- Schedules and follows up with study participants in accordance with the study
- Obtains, collects, processes, packages and makes arrangements for AMC specimen transport and storage and work with the research phlebotomist for collection and processing of pharmaceutical study
- Performs other duties as needed to ensure successful AMC program
Job Qualifications/ Requirements:
- Master of Public Health (MPH) or related field
- Minimum three years of research experience
- Three or more years of experience working with HIV infected individuals and oncology patients required.
- Successful completion of the CCHHS Scientific Committee Human Subject Research Workbook tutorial and the Biohazard Shipping Certificate and Security Awareness Training required upon
- Working knowledge of medical terminology strongly
- Experience with IRB and regulatory documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including
- Excellent organizational and communication
- High degree of accuracy in record keeping and communications
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and work
Physical and Environmental Demands
This position is functioning within a healthcare environment. The incumbent is responsible for adherence to all hospital/facility and department specific safety requirements. This includes but is not limited to the following policies and procedures: complying with Personal Protective Equipment requirements, vaccination requirements, hand hygiene practices, complying with department specific engineering and work practice controls and any other work area safety precautions as specified by hospital/facility wide policy and departmental procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of all personnel so classified.