Website Hektoen Institute LLC
One of the most rewarding specializations within the field of special education, is the Early Intervention Service Coordinator. Early intervention is a supportive service for infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities and their families. Service Coordinators, facilitate, coordinate and monitor services for children aged birth to three years. The Service Coordinators work with families’ in-person or via live video visits during this COVID-19 exception period to link them with necessary services. The service coordinator serves as the family advocate and as the initial resource for Early Intervention Services under Part C of IDEA.
- Conduct a comprehensive intake with families which includes routine based assessments
- Convene and facilitate Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) meetings
- Ensure compliance with Early Intervention protocols
- Utilize State V-Stone (Cornerstone) database system for data entry, including case notes, authorizations.
- Utilize Microsoft office programs effectively and accurately, including Outlook, Word, Access and Excel
- Maintain accurate and timely entries into client record and Cornerstone System
- Maintain accurate and timely entries into Access database
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work, including but not limited to computer/laptop security, conversations regarding clients, and client file security.
- Provide accurate accounting of time and expenses
- Maintain regular contact with all families: at a minimum of monthly contacts
- Good organization, time management and computer skills are highly recommended for this position
- Attend Mandatory Staffing and Training
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires travel to attend meetings off-site.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Service or Social Science field required
- Knowledge of typical/atypical child development.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Development
- Obtain and maintain IDHS credential Service Coordination
- Microsoft Office 365
- Basic Outlook Skills (calendar builder)
- Health/Dental Plan/Vision
- 403B w 100% employee match
- Travel/cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible Hours
Valid driver’s license with reliable vehicle. Must provide proof of automobile insurance.