Website Hektoen Insitute LLC
Under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Centered Care, this person will provide direct oversight of the RMR CORE Center Sexual Health Clinic (SHC) HIV prevention, counseling and testing (c/t), and PrEP services. They will coordinate and administer the overall daily operations in the SHC while providing c/t services to include follow-up of positive results and PrEP patients. He/she hires and supervises the SHC Health Educators/CHWs and collaborates with the clinical leader of the SHC. This position oversees CORE Center Sexual Health clinic activities, goals and outcomes, including marketing and promotion, utilization and volume. Additionally, the Coordinator provides general oversight of PrEP services for high-risk HIV negative patients. The Coordinator assists with the development of protocols and procedures. Assesses individual and group health educational needs on site and in the community; maintains up to date knowledge base of HIV and STI disease transmission, prevention, treatment, interpretation of HIV/STI test results, partner services and PrEP services. Provides community-based HIV testing as needed. Flexible hours to include evenings and occasional weekends. Conducts and evaluates clients’ health education sessions as related to HIV/STI prevention, Fast-Track STI screening and specimen collection, risk reduction counseling and PrEP assessment/enrollment. Develops, implements and conducts patient education in related topics (i.e., STIs, viral hepatitis, medication adherence, PrEP etc.) Conducts program evaluation to assess programmatic and procedural outcomes. Performs Quality Assurance review of SHC data on a monthly and quarterly basis through direct observation, using analysis to inform performance management of staff under supervision. Works with the Regional PrEP Coordinators to link at risk patients for HIV to PrEP services. Assures data collection and entry from program staff into the CAREWARE/Provide database and submits monthly reports of program activities to the Manager of Patient Centered Care, Director of Quality Improvement & Evaluation Quality, Data Team and other administrative staff. Assists with establishing HIV/STI prevention/screening quality indicators and tracks progress with achieving objectives. Participates in all administrative and staff development meetings and trainings, representing HIV/STI Prevention, Sexual Health, and Health Education. This includes participating in CCH systemwide efforts to scale up sexual health, walk-in HIV/STI screening within other clinic sites. Onsite work is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, coordinates and monitors the overall daily operations of the HIV testing and prevention program. Hires and supervises all health educators/CHWs assigned to the CORE Screening Clinic.
- Performs pre and post HIV counseling and testing with adults, adolescents and children, including special populations, in the Sexual Health Clinic at the CORE Center, other Cook County Health system and community sites as necessary.
- Provides patient, provider and community education on HIV, HCV and PrEP.
- Provides clinic oversight for PrEP services.
- In coordination with CCHIP Regional Director of Quality Improvement & Evaluation and Manager of Patient Centered Care, evaluates program progress and effectiveness.
- Manages monthly and quarterly reports to administration and funders.
- Database Entry
- Documentation of all face to face, phone calls, and collateral contacts must be in the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) and Cerner.
- All client-related activities, referrals including approvals and denials should be in EMR and database.
- All Data Entry and paperwork will be submitted in compliance with the policies.
- All transportation and cab vouchers must be properly documented including client’s signature of receipt.
- Assists with development of peer educators
- Enhance Professional Development and Maintain an Area of Specialization
- Participate in all CORE Center and department mandatory training and meeting.
- Adhere to CORE Center and department Specific Policies & Procedures
- Provide Excellent Customer Service and Professionals when interacting with clients/customers internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field, education, psychology, social science with minimum 2 years prior experience in HIV testing and health education; or a minimum of five years of HIV counseling required. Supervision of staff preferred. Master’s degree in public health desirable. Bilingual preferred (Spanish-English). Knowledge of PrEP services desirable. Performance as a team player and demonstrate ability to work on a multicultural and multidisciplinary team; Strong communication (oral and written), organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to meet deadlines. Stamina and flexibility to perform and feel comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic clinical environment. Onsite work is required and flexible hours to include evenings and occasional weekends.