Website Hektoen Insitute LLC
Under the supervision of the Austin Site Team Leader and CCHP Program Director, the West Side Reginal Prep Coordinator will provide coordination of PrEP services at the Prieto Clinic, North Riverside, Belmont Cragin Clinic and other CCH clinics where services may be provided. He/she will supervise PrEP Peer Educators and/or PrEP victors. The PrEP Coordinator will assist in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the CCHIP’s PrEP program as well as the creation of service protocols. Will monitor outcomes and program’s scopes and will make recommendations to make sure all the monthly, quarterly and yearly scopes are met. Conducts program evaluation to assess programmatic and procedural outcomes. Provide monthly quality assurance assessments and on a quarterly basis through scope numbers and direct observation. Prepare and summate progress reports to CCHIP’s Prevention with Negatives Manager, administration and monthly/quarterly reports to funding agency in a timely matter. Provide one on one HIV counseling, testing, PrEP assessments and PrEP referrals, which also includes follow-up of positive results and the necessary referrals to a CCHIP HIV Primary care clinic. Assess group health and PrEP education needs on site and in the community; maintains up to date knowledge base prevention interventions. Will coordinate with the CCHIP Regional Community Testing Coordinator on their community HIV testing events, PrEP outreach, assessments and referrals as needed and in any other events where CCHIP’s PrEP services can be offered for successful recruitment. Conducts community sexual health education sessions as related to HIV/STIs prevention, risk reduction, CCHIP’s PrEP services assessment, referrals and initiations. Work as a team member with the multidisciplinary teams of each CCHIP site to assure/offer the best PrEP services in the communities served. Participate in all CCHIP administrative meetings and staff development sessions. Work hours that include evenings and weekends. Attend meeting representing CCHIP’s PrEP services, issues, activities, goals and outcomes. Develop and implement new activities that promote successful PrEP use.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and monitors the overall daily operations of PrEP services in the different CCHIP sites in the west side of Chicago/County. daily operation of the HIV testing and prevention program. Supervises all PrEP Navigators and Peers that are involve in the Bilingual PrEP Program.
- Provides patient centered HIV counseling, testing, PrEP education, assessments and referrals for initiation to adults, young adults and adolescents in the different CCHIP sites and in any CCH clinic where sexual health and PrEP services are offered.
- Manages databases; Charting in Cerner, Electronic medical record
- Participate in all CCH, CCHIP and department mandatory training and
- Provide Excellent Customer Service and Professional when interacting
- with clients/customers internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a high school diploma required, a bachelor’s degree in a health-related field, Education, Arts, Humanities, Science, Psychology, Social Science, preferred. With minimum 2 years prior experience in social services or public health required. Bilingual preferred (Spanish-English). Perform as a team player and demonstrate ability to work on a multicultural, multidisciplinary team; Strong communication (oral and written), organizational, excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed. Valid Driver’s license and insurance. Ability to meet deadlines. Stamina and flexibility to perform and feel comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic clinical environments.